Connected entertainment specialist VIZIO has unveiled an upgraded design and user experience for WatchFree+, VIZIO’s free streaming service that comes built into millions of VIZIO Smart TVs.
This latest update features a new look and feel, intuitive Electronic Programme Guide (EPG), faster and easier navigation, and personalisation features to the free streaming service. WatchFree+ has grown to include more than 260 free channels and 6,000 titles on demand, offering a library of movies, TV shows, news, sports and music.
The redesigned WatchFree+ offers features centred around an enhanced user experience and access to content. The WatchFree+ Guide now displays upcoming content segmented in 30-minute intervals, allowing viewers to explore the collection of WatchFree+ content in a familiar format. In addition, the WatchFree+ interface allows advertisers to promote contextually relevant content seamlessly within the WatchFree+ Guide.
Notable updates to the WatchFree+ user experience:
- Electronic Programme Guide: See a schedule of all WatchFree+ programmes in a simple grid format, segmented in half-hour intervals.
- In-Line Content Descriptions: View movie and show descriptions as you move through the WatchFree+ Guide.
- Picture-in-Picture: Continue to watch a show while browsing additional WatchFree+ channels.
- Jump to a Category: Long press the ‘OK’ button while in the EPG guide to get a list of channel genres, making navigation easier.
- Easy Access to On Demand Titles: Quickly and easily launch an on-demand movie or show directly from the programme guide.
“We are proud of the growth we have seen across our free streaming service,” declared Steve Yum, Vice President of Software Product Management at VIZIO. “This redesign makes it easier than ever to navigate and explore the continually expanding universe of entertainment on WatchFree+ across live and on demand programming.”