In 2021, FAST witnessed 99% growth in number of channels 134% growth in ad impressions 103% growth in viewership hours (HOV) News made it big yet again, attracting 31% of the total hours of viewership (HOV) 32% of the total ad impressions But genres such as documentaries and nature are the new emerging stars! Download our report for more data & insights across genres, devices and regions….. While FAST is not a new phenomenon, the kind of growth it saw in 2021 was exceptional. We analyzed the performance of over 2000 FAST channels across 50+ platforms on Amagi’s SSAI platform (Amagi THUNDERSTORM), between December 2020 – December 2021 and here are some key findings.
In 2021, FAST witnessed
- 99% growth in number of channels
- 134% growth in ad impressions
- 103% growth in viewership hours (HOV)
News made it big yet again, attracting
- 31% of the total hours of viewership (HOV)
- 32% of the total ad impressions
But genres such as documentaries and nature are the new emerging stars!
- 2021 was a great momentum-setting year for FAST: Based on numbers, it’s safe to say that FAST will continue to offer some great content monetization opportunities with improved fan engagement.
- Audiences love the new lean back experience: Given the growing appetite for FAST channels and the tremendous growth in viewership hours, content brands can confidently attract more advertisers to their channels.
- The CTV ascent: Connected TVs (CTV) saw a growing incline in adoption numbers across the globe. This is an exciting space to watch out for given the number of big Smart TV brands continuously experimenting and adding FAST to their offerings.
- Mobile matters: Time for content owners and advertisers to pay more attention to mobile. While audiences clearly prefer CTV, mobile performance data shows that viewers are steadily spending more time on mobile devices, relishing their favorite content.
Download the report on amagi.com.